The twitter widget is now AVAILABLE for use in WordPress. Thus, this post is obsolete. Though can still be referred to use the updates by old method.
I wanted my twitter updates to be shown on my blog. Went through the forum and found no twitter widget exists. Looked a bit more and found a solution. ‘Making my own Twitter Widget’ which worked on RSS. Fine. Did as instructed, made my widget. Now, ERROR! -> Feed is probably down. Try again later… (sort of).. Kept scratching my head.. No solutions..
Finally got it… “TURN OFF PROTECTED UPDATES in TWITTER”
Arghh!!! Obvious!! I m Mad!
Link to the page which helped me make the Twitter Widget.
In case its deleted or anything of that sort, here are the words that helped me through…
1) Go to http://twitter.com/YOUR-USERNAME-HERE to view your timeline.
2) Scroll down to the bottom and look on the left for RSS.
3) Right click the RSS link and choose the option to copy the link (the naming of this option is different for each browser).
4) In your blog’s Dashboard, go to Appearance->Widgets.
5) Add an RSS widget from the Available Widgets on the left.
6) Click Edit for the RSS widget you added.
7) Paste the link from step 3 in to box for Enter the RSS feed URL here: and onfigure any of the other options. Click the Done button on the RSS widget options.
Click the Save Changes button at the button of the Current Widgets list.
Your blog’s sidebar will now display the tweets from your Twitter account.
9) In case you get ERRORs displaying your updates, like.. ‘Feed is down‘, ‘Can’t access timeline‘ etc., Make sure that PROTECTED UPDATES is OFF in your twitter account.
Also, When you first make your RSS Widget, it takes some time for it to show the correct results. (Less than an hour). So have patience…