[Original Post Name:HP Battery Check for HP6515bThose who own this machine (HP 6515b) and are having troubles with their battery lives know for sure that they need to replace their battery.
But there is an HP tool to check the same.
As far as i have experienced, the tool runs perfectly on Windows XP and Windows Vista. But i had been having problems running this on Windows 7. The problem is now fixed with a somewhat better ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’ option of Windows 7.
If you have Windows 7, you can make the HP Battery Check run as demonstrated…
- Download the File
- Extract the contents to “C:HP BatteryCheck”
- Right-Click on ‘setup.exe’ and select ‘Troubleshoot compatibility’
- You will see something getting processed like…
“Detecting problems…” –> “Detecting Issues…” –> “Resolving Issues…”
- Next it will show the two options Try Recommended Settings & Troubleshoot programyou can try whichever you want…
I used Try recommended Settings and it showed me this page…
If you choose to go the other way round ( or it does not give the correct result), you can click on the other button and proceed as shown below:
On the next screen, click – “i don’t see my problem listed” You will then reach this screen
- Click on “START THE PROGRAM…”
- The program will then ask for administrator privileges. Provide the privileges to continue.
- The Setup will run and will install the software successfully.
Click on Finish when the setup completes.
- Search your Start Menu for the “HP BATTERY CHECK”, right-click and click on properties…
- In the COMPATIBILITY tab, set the program to run in WIN XP compatibility mode and also check the “Run as Admin…”
Click on OK
- Now Run the program…
I was having problems with my battery lately and the check told me to replace my battery… … better luck to you…
UPDATE: 3rd Aug,09
If you plan to buy a new battery for your 6515b, you can visit your local HP centre and inquire about it… In Mangalore(Karnataka) INDIA, it is available for a price of Rs. 5700/- . In North India it is for around Rs. 6000/-
UPDATE: 9th Feb, 10
Well, i bought it for a lesser amount (in Aug,09) .. Rs. 5200 ( ~$110) [Including all Taxes + 1 Yr. Warranty]
The new battery works great!!
And i also came across an article saying HP is replacing some bad batteries. So you might wanna check this out- http://bpr.hpordercenter.com/hbpr/
Did this post help you? If yes, help spread a word about it.